The NHS recommends that people with diabetes should visit a podiatrist at least once a year. Kelso Foot Clinic is able to treat corns and hard skin. We help to keep an eye on loss of blood supply to the feet. We also check for any related loss of feeling (peripheral neuropathy).
Annual reviews for patients with diabetes
Matthew also offers diabetic annual reviews which can be sent to your GP once completed. As a diabetic, you will already know that it’s really important to keep an eye on your feet, including any changes over time. During an annual review, Matthew will ask lots of questions about your feet and how you manage your diabetes. These questions will include:
- Have you had any problems in the past 12 months or noticed changes like new cuts, blisters, broken skin or corns?
- Have you had any pain or discomfort?
- Have you ever had any foot problems or wounds?
- How often do you check your feet at home?
- When walking, do you have any cramping pains?
- More generally, how are you getting on with managing your diabetes?
Diabetic care at home or in clinic
For any diabetic patients not able to travel, we offer home visits. Otherwise, Kelso Foot Clinic operates from our new treatment room at Kelso Health and Wellness.